Friday 14 January 2011

A felted flower to start...


I am fascinated by felt.
Having never made a blog before, this is all rather an experiment, and, just as with felting, I expect I'll learn by trial and error.

This little flower and leaf were wet felted using merino wool and silk
and then I added some free motion machine stitching. And a couple of shell buttons to finish.
Maybe it needs a little felted frog for authenticity.

One of my favourite french words is Nénuphar.

The most beautiful waterlilies I have seen are at Latour Marliac, Le Temple-sur-Lot in France (where I took this picture - spot the frog?). They have the French national waterlily collection, and it's where Monet ordered his plants.

All this has given me a felting idea...
A "raft" of flat water lily leaves - a bit more delicate than this, and paler - just connecting where they touch, with a few flowers and buds, in a paler colour. Could be a table centrepiece, or even a floor piece. 


No comments:

Post a Comment